Welcome to my site! I am a scientist, storyteller and author who loves simplifying the complex. Professional and personal highlights of my career are below.
- Co-founder and president of messagingLAB, a content creation and marketing firm focused on the life sciences. Over the years, I have worked with ACM Global Laboratories, Agricen, Asimov, the Corinth Group, Dr Boyds, Gambro, Incomm/Medagate, Kendle/INC Research, PAREXEL, Pfizer, Novartis Vaccines & Diagnostics, Openwave, World Courier, and Yahoo! among many others.
- Chief Strategic Officer, Medikly.
- Chief Marketing Officer, One Eleven Software
- SVP, GCI Group
- VP Business Development, Xceed Inc.
- I grew up in Ventura, California and Panama (Central America) and live in Brooklyn with rockstar-of-an-art-teacher Kristen Adamczyk and our three sons, Alejandro, Tomás, and Felix.
- I skateboard, bodyboard, hike in the Adirondacks, cross-country ski, and listen to music when I can.
- I am the co-author with John Cumbers, Ph.D., of What’s Your Bio Strategy? a book on the way biotechnology is changing all business.
- My short fiction has been published by Bombay Gin, ilato Press, and The New Censorship, among others.
- I’ve written about bioentrepreneurship (What Does it Take to Succeed as a Bio-Entrepreneur?), synthetic biology (Four Perspectives on Business Model Evolution in Synthetic Biology), clinical supply chain (Can Improving Communications And Collaboration Secure Your Global Supply Chain?), and innovation in clinical research organizations.
- I am the author of the recently published a collection of short fiction called, Three Pool Rhumba. I have also written several unpublished novels and unproduced screenplays. Your mileage may vary.
- Over the years, I have interviewed and published interviews of some of the most exciting pioneering musicians on the planet — Akufen, Alex Empire, Asmus Tietchens, Blixa Bargeld, Christoph Heemann, Cosey Fanni Tutti, F.M. Einheit, Les Paul, and Wolfgang Mueller; a few very interesting authors, Allen Ginsberg, Anne Waldman, Kathy Acker, Keith Abbott; and, more than a few biotech/medtech entrepreneurs changing the world for the better, including Jamie Bacher, Jim Chinitz, Omri Amirav Drory, Tim Fell, Andrew Hessell, Rino Rappouli, Craig Shimasaki, Jim Wassil, Stan Yakatan, among many others.
- I was lucky enough to make a guest appearance on a Frank Dommert/HNAS collaboration, which ended up as a bonus track on HNAS’ Melchior (Aufmarsch Der Schlampen).
- I also curate the Fifteen Minute Confession tumblr and Pinterest pages.